Friday 3 April 2020

A Sign of Hope and Light

As we take our permitted evening walk more and more houses now have rainbows appearing in their windows. I enjoy the spectacle and with my love of bright colours, they make me inwardly smile. I felt strongly that I wanted to show my solidarity so beetled off to see what I could use to make something cheery and uplifting.

With an empty cereal box and back of an old envelope purloined from the recycling bag [inside waiting to be emptied into the bin] I got to work. I tried colouring it in with felt tips at first, but it simply wasn't jazzy enough for my liking. With no paints available I did a bit of lateral thinking and put all those bottles of brightly coloured nail varnish I rarely wear to good use. All topped off with a working gold pen I didn't realise I even had and ta-dah!


This is now stuck on my kitchen window for all the passersby to see.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! The only time we've been for a walk since lockdown was to the local shop on Monday, we just amble around the garden and use the Wii Fit for exercise.
    I didn't know about this rainbow business - how apt that I wore a rainbow dress on Wednesday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have a postage stamp sized garden so we need to head out to get our daily exercisex
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. Excellent! love it :) It is lovely seeing all the rainbows appearing, last night's applause for the keyworkers felt good too - we were able to see our neighbours (albeit at a safe distance) that we have not seen since the lock down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was lovely seeing everybody in the road out clapping here toox
      Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...