Wednesday 8 April 2020

Just a minor tweak


I was given this mohair cardigan a few months ago and I have worn it a few times here, but not out. In a bid to make sure that I really enjoy my clothing I decided to have a rummage and see if I could add a little more detail. In my quest I turned up some toning metallic thread, silk skeins I bought from a charity shop for pennies and a knitted corsage that has never really seen the light of day.  A few hours work over the past week and I have handstitched all round the edges in the silk, changed the button at the centre of the corsage for a silver one with a Celtic pattern [pinched from the button tin], added a pin on the back so I can remove it before washing the knitwear and Bob's Your Uncle we're in business!!



Only a minor tweak, but it's got a bit more of my stamp on it now without any outlay.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm always thinking of improving items of clothing but that's as far as it gets. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard how bad the fast fashion industry is and how many clothes people throw away I'm just trying to make sure that I want to wear all my stuff as the charity shops are swamped with too many donations. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Is that a blanket stitch edging? Using a metallic thread does upgrade the tweak, Aril. The cardi color is lovely and the corsage appears made to order, especially now that you've popped in a Celtic touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The thread I've used is really old as it's got the loveliest packaging on it. It's been fun to bring it all together. Arilx

      Delete
  3. Whenever we can tweak anything to more our style, it is a win. It's a very beautiful color-just right for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a colour I would normally choose, but it feels more in line with what I'd naturally gravitate towards. Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...