Thursday 10 October 2024

'I do like Mondays'

 Unlike the Boomtown Rats' song I most definitely do like Mondays. For the first time since lockdown I have now got my day off every other week back which I initially gave up to be able to give a new client a weekly slot back in 2020. My logic back then was that my work rota was bound to change again soon and that I'd get it back. However, I was wrong and it was only a matter of a few weeks ago that it finally happened, but where it used to be on a Tuesday it's now a Monday. Already I've used my time to get up to mischief with various friends [more plans are pencilled in] and even on the weeks that I'm still working I've taken to building in a small local detour sometimes to fit a quick spot of nosing around to get that off work feeling. If it all goes well, then the plan is that I will finish for good next summer, but for now I'm just enjoying getting a bit of practise in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Seeing as the weekend is fast approaching these are a couple of highlights from my most recent forays....titter ye not๐Ÿ˜†

I have passed this road sign a few times, but have never worked out exactly where it was so it was a complete joy to happen across it very much by chance. A knob in this context is, of course, a small and roundish hill.....


You will be pleased to hear that I didn't encounter any scary hamsters on this particular Monday....am not entirely clear as to what the consequences might be if you do meet it๐Ÿน๐Ÿน


This sign is on the perimeter fence of the parish church in the local village of Shipley....it made me smile, but I have also seen the evidence for myself on previous visits if you leave the gate open as my final photo shows. Nowadays it's less of a problem because the graveyard has been closed off to our woolly ovine friends๐Ÿ‘ 



No doubt there are very valid reasons for not letting the sheep in now, but I do rather miss them. Have a magical weekend.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

'I do like Mondays'

 Unlike the Boomtown Rats' song I most definitely do like Mondays. For the first time since lockdown I have now got my day off every oth...