Had you asked me as recently as yesterday whether I knew what the word 'titivillus' meant I would have said no. Had you asked me whether I had ever seen one again I would have answered in the negative. However, it's a funny old world and although I would be quite right in saying that I had never seen one...that would be because I've actually seen two and here's the proof!
These are not just your average demon as I had thought. That scroll they're holding gives it away that they are both a titivillus. This type of demon was said to collect all the errors made by the scribes and the idle gossip during the church services and put them into a sack. To increase his hit rate he was even said to deliberately add errors to written docouments. He'd then hurtle down to hell with his bag of goodies and these transgressions would count against you forever more. I am not sure that he's not still fully operational even in our increasingly secular world....surely somebody or something has to be responsible for all those wretched typos I frequently makešEven though I have technically proof read every post I write before I hit publish there is nearly always a boo-boo hiding in plain sight when I read the final version the next day!
Every day's a school day.
Arilx


No comments:
Post a Comment