Friday 29 December 2023

Cattitude

 Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in.

Our Christmas has thus far been quite busy catching up with family and friends with a goodly slug of dancing. The photos below show White Raven who was the Norse celebrant at the recent Jul event we performed at and our musos chilling after our Boxing Day shenanigans. It was my turn to drive that day and I had my first encounter with 0% alcohol Guinness. I didn't have any great expectations as every other low alcohol beer or cider I've tried has been disappointing, but this was a revelation. Not only does it look the part, but it tastes right too [obviously you have to like the stuff to start with]...two pints later and I was sober as a judge, but a very happy bunny not feeling that I was missing out in the slightest😁



Would it surprise you to hear that I am now the proud owner of even more preloved books...my obsession is alive and well together with an unexpected tiny handmade ceramic ghost and a bag with 'stone circle lurker' on it. Years of training my chaps has paid dividends. Indeed the only one who didn't receive a gift was the feline, but then I'm not big [call that mean] on forking out for pet presents. No matter he claimed one of mine for himself.....he's now abandoned it and is denying all knowledge that he ever showed any interest in it. I have the photographic evidence to prove otherwise.


Mind you when we received this surprise fabulous picture [painted by one half of the Hungarian couple who we give a lift to Mythago events to] he wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. I had hoped that I might be able to persuade him to pose cutely in front of it, but he was having none of it. If he looks rather miffed that's because he was....there may have just been a slight physical pressure applied to get him to lie down for the one second he was there. The upshot of it is that he's wearing the exact same expression as he is in the image behind him which has made him even crosser. The reality of life of those who are in cat servitude.



As of tomorrow we'll be pulling up the drawbridge for a few days and taking a breather. New Year Greetings to everyone and I hope 2024 brings you peace and happiness.

Arilx




10 comments:

  1. Humphrey - Mr T would have understood perfectly and empathized. No one wants a potrait that suggests an evil within (unless you can hide it in an attic and watch it getting older and uglier while you remain as beautiful as the self posed on the purloined scarf). From a human point of view the portrait is a great capture of a fleeting moment of the 'dark side'. Ask your humum for an empty cardboard box and go to work on it for a while. You'll feel much better. Merry Christmas and the very best of the new year to everyone in your household. (Tigger's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've been forgiven....he doesn't hold a grudge for long if there's any chance of a cuddle going! Arilx

      Delete
    2. How satisfying it must be to make music with friends. Do you play an instrument too?

      Delete
    3. Nothing beyond a tambourine, but Mr GBT plays the mandolin with us. Arilx

      Delete
  2. 'Tis the week for spectacular head dresses! Came here from Vix's holiday feast with feathers -- and behold, here's another! Did you craft this from a skull with antlers, or...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only took the photo I'm afraid. The headdresses is spectacular isn't it. Arilx

      Delete
  3. Loving White Raven, me and her need to hang out together in the woods. You're not the first person to extol the virtues of alcohol free Guinness. Sure beats that dreadful Kalibe which Billy Connolly used to advertise, the only option in the 1980s.
    What a wonderful portrait of Humphrey, he certainly doesn't look very impressed, does he? Cats are like teenagers, looking happy about anything is so uncool!
    Happy New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two wpuld look great together in your headdresses! Happy New Year Vix. Arilx

      Delete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...