Tuesday, 8 September 2026

A Medieval Lunch Break

When I am out with Mythago there is very little free time to look around the events we're performing at. Over the bank holiday weekend we were back dancing at the Medieval festival over at Michelham Priory. I had 45 minutes for a whistlestop tour and no time to chat to the re-enactors bar the owner of the cat. This is Biscuit who is very happy on her lead. She's a friendly puss, but was keen to be put down and get exploring🐱 I took the decision to snatch some photos whilst passing which will capture the flavour of the day and leave me with some lovely memories. 


These two were just comparing notes on their weapons of choice as you do when you're both dressed in mail and wearing helmets.











This three legged pot is called a pipkin. I only know this because the mudlarks are always finding the legs of them on the Thames foreshore.


This is the only image from the inside of the priory. I have walked through the crypt numerous times, but unusually for me apparently not looked up. It came as quite a surprise to see this fellow looking decidedly out of sorts above me.


It truly is a special event with a very relaxed feel to it. It is definitely on my list of favourites that we do. Here's hoping that we might be invited back again next year. After five years [and a previous two year stint prior to that] I recently stood down as the secretary for the side. I felt that I had given my best and it was the right time to pass the reins on to a new candidate. I can now just turn up and enjoy it without having any responsibility for organising anything😁

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Medieval Lunch Break

When I am out with Mythago there is very little free time to look around the events we're performing at. Over the bank holiday weekend w...