Friday 29 June 2018

A Welcome of Sorts!

Just a brief one today as I'm suffering from brain drain. I was rather tickled by this highly unusual welcome to this year's Bloodstone Morris's rally on the IOW a couple of weeks ago.


Rest assured there was no hospitality lacking in the Hostility Tent...marvellous homemade cakes and a most welcome cuppa!

We're off up the country to retrieve TYM as he winds up his first year at uni. All has gone well and he's had a ball. This summer I [or should I say we] will make sure his cooking skills are up to speed so that he's well prepped when he goes into a house with three of his mates in September. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend

Arilx

5 comments:

  1. It's more the cleaning skills that are needed in house share! I speak from experience of visiting Son sharing with 5 other blokes while at Uni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's actually really good at all that. I taught him when he was 16 to clean, iron and do his laundry but I've warned him not to get caught doing all the work for the others. They face a stiff scale of fines in uni approved lodgings if they treat the place like a brothel/pigsty!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. Love that sign

    My son when he went to uni very quickly learnt to make all day(night) breakfast!

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be another good one. His speciality is omelettes!

      Arilx

      Delete
  3. Just retrieved Lou from a weekend Scout event. He is covered in glitter! xx

    ReplyDelete

Big and Little

 Mr GBT looked slight aghast at the long list of things I'd written down for our then upcoming trip to the Midlands....'we're on...