Tuesday 5 June 2018

"I like driving in my car. It's not quite a Jaguar"

Apologies to dear old Suggs and the rest of Madness for quite clearly stealing their lyrics for my blog title. Actually I think I did see a Jaguar yesterday, but they tend to not be the ones which float my boat. Now these are far more up my street and that maverick addition of skulls and dice definitely got a big thumbs up from me.






Realistically this mode of transport is more in my price range. However, I am definitely in the ex cyclist camp these days...you take your life in your hands on the hideously busy roads round here.


Blending in perfectly well with the crowd as I was all donned up in my Mythago kit these interestingly dressed folk caught my eye. The lady was kind enough to agree to having her photo taken. The Steampunk dancers were apparently doing fusion belly dancing. Sadly I don't know enough about the genre in the first place to really understand what the differences were.



It was with great delight that I sourced myself a Pimms yesterday...reward for all that energetic dancing in the scorching heat wearing a mask I reckoned. How could I not be impressed though by the size of these whopping wine bottles.....thankfully for all those around me they were empty. Hic.


Then there were plants....oodles and oodles of floral loveliness. I might not be big on gardening, but I am big on the idea of having a gloriously fabulous garden. These delights came back with us to GBT and it looks like I'm going to have to pick up my trowel. There are a few heucheras in there, a golden thingy which does well in the shade and at the front of the border where we've got leftover space and at long last I've managed to track down the pink geranium with the dark centre. I've seen it all over the place, but never for sale. Hallelujah!



I have one final small planting tale to tell for another day and then I'll change the blog record!

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big and Little

 Mr GBT looked slight aghast at the long list of things I'd written down for our then upcoming trip to the Midlands....'we're on...