Friday 4 November 2022

Fork handles

 


This caught my eye on the way to work yesterday. I had time between my clients to park up and take a photo. It took me a minute to work out what it was all about, but those of us of a certain vintage who enjoyed the Two Ronnies I only have to say "fork handles or four candles" and you'll get it. This won first prize in a local scarecrow trail over the weekend. Had I been here I'd have gone to have a look, but I was in the company of boggarts and giants......



An extraordinary day of dancing alongside the incredible Beltane Border Morris and Boggarts Breakfast at the Dark Gathering in Boscastle. It's a real privilege to have been invited and aside from Beltane who are a mainstay of the annual event, you only get asked once. I took the decision to not photograph the event bar these two hastily snatched ones [I was literally about to go out and dance again] as I wanted to drink up the atmosphere in real time, not filtered through the camera lens. If you want to catch a glimpse of it for yourself the organisers have put up a short video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xOF-nAKDJY

Have a great weekend one and all!

Arilx


4 comments:

  1. Loved the video! Beltane Border were amazing at Beautiful Days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fork Handles scene in a shop has got to be the best comedy clip ever. The two Ronnies never age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes putting the camera/ phone down is the best way to capture. The video is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a very exciting thing to be part of Aril. I may have missed it, but I would be very interested in learning about your dance group. I take it that it is something that harkens back to pre-christian worship of nature and reckoning with the changes of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...