Friday 16 June 2023

Sussex and sunshine.

 Today it's Sussex Day which, until recently, hasn't been much of a thing for most people who live in the county. Along with the recent rise in popularity of folk, Morris dancing and Paganism there seems to be a thirst for creating new traditions and like buses, Mythago is dancing at two new events this year to mark it. I rather like that we're going to be in West Sussex today and over in East Sussex tomorrow.

The temperatures are due to cool down a little, which for purely selfish reasons, as a daft bat who chose to join a side who wear masks, I am grateful for. One thing I have learnt over the years is that when it's hot at these events I not only need to take on a lot more liquid, but I lose a lot of salt....it gives me the perfect excuse to eat crisps😄 [well that's my excuse anyway!!] I expect lots of us are leaving bowls of water out in our garden to help the wildlife at the moment [my two hoggies are always very thirsty when they come out] and I've seen several businesses doing likewise for passing hounds. This sign did make me chuckle....I might be short, but I declined their kind offer to imbibe!!


Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Arilx


6 comments:

  1. Big grin here. We loved that.
    We were convinced last weekend to put out water - for hedgehogs, and birds that are prepared to tackle ground level (our corvid friends for instance). It seems to be evaporating rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding it's going down quickly aswell. The hoggies and the starlings have been supping quite a bit. Arilx

      Delete
  2. This is a very funny picture. And sure the línes were writed In a funny place with sumpathy people. I have no doubt. Thanks for to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how dog friendly England is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People love their pooches here! Arilx

      Delete

Ride a cock horse.

"Ride a cock horse" It is thought that a 'cock horse' was a high-spirited or uncastrated horse or a hobby horse. The annua...