Sunday 30 June 2024

Scare Crow

 There's been a lot of miles covered by the GBT crew these past few weeks....I have loved every minute of it with all the new experiences and places I've been, but it's been fabulous to simply stay very local this weekend. That doesn't mean that it's been a total choresfest [we have been able to catch up on lots of small things which has been handy] though by any means...yours truly trundled four miles up the road to seek out a local scarecrow trail which is being run as part of the village fete. Perhaps because scarecrows are, by their very nature, scruffy and rough looking people are more inclined to have a go. As ever there was great ingenuity shown with a reimagining of all sorts of unexpected items!

First things first someone went for a literal interpretation for we do have here I believe a scare crow [actually a rather friendly looking crow if you ask me]


I heeded Humpty's warnings and waited until I was safely across the threshold before I cracked open a bottle of wine. I didn't expect any dire consequences as I only had the one glass full.




This baby was suspended out of a top floor bedroom window.


Don't know about this one, but this one poking over the gate gave me the fright of my life!





Finally one which has cleverly taken the name of the village and run with it๐Ÿ˜ Years ago the local paper managed to cook up a whole April fool story about the toothpaste mines here.


Half an hour of simple pleasure in the sunshine.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scare Crow

 There's been a lot of miles covered by the GBT crew these past few weeks....I have loved every minute of it with all the new experience...