Thursday 25 July 2024

Sun, Moon and Stars


I've been having fun with my fabric paints creating these small pictures of a medieval style sun and moon. They look a bit rougher round the edges than they do for real, but they are based on similar stained glass examples I've seen on my travels. These two will be backed and lightly stuffed and then they can live on my altar when we reach the Autumn Equinox. I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out as I was also trying out some ideas for a design for my new dancing mask. After 11 years of faithful service my original one is now cracked and is rapidly giving up the ghost. I'm not relishing having to do another one, but this time I know that I can do it [last time someone else painted for it]. so I shall aim for something similar only without the faces. 

Have a fabulous weekend.

Arilx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More from Alton

 As I'm usually that gal with a plan up her sleeve, my original one had to be scotched because what I'd chosen wasn't open. A qu...