Friday, 24 July 2026

Dad's Pavlova

We celebrated my Mum's 80th birthday this week. She didn't want a big do so my sister and I organised a bbq with their very dear neighbours. It was a wonderful evening with a lot of Pimms and Prosecco. I made her a coffee and walnut cake as requested and my Dad, at the tender age of 82, made his first ever pavlova. In the words of the late Bruce Forsyth, didn't he do well! It was delicious and disappeared rapidly.


That's my final glimmer for the week. Hope you have a good weekend.

Arilx



 


2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dessert, one we just don't seem to make in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Pavlova looks great. I have never made one. It looks like an excellent thing to try.

    ReplyDelete

Madfabulous

It was a bit of an overcast rainy day [not surprising really as we were in Wales which is renowned for it] when we paid Plas Newydd House a ...