Tuesday 4 April 2023

Favourite Find

 Before I go exploring I like to do a quick online search to see if there's anything in particular I might like to see and then when I'm away I have a few ideas jotted down otherwise it's all trotted out of my head before I get there. Beyond that I don't like to over plan as part of the fun is never knowing what I might stumble across. I saw some absolute treasures when I was away, but we came across this one purely by chance when we were making our way towards the city centre after getting off the bus.

If ever there was a bench with my name all over it this must surely be it and I've never heard a whisper about it. A circular stone bench sitting at the far end of St Mary de Crypt's churchyard [the oldest church in Gloucester]. Even having seen it for myself I can find very little about this circular stone seat save it's from 1999 and was made by a variety of stonemasons. 









If we could have fitted it in the car I'd have brought it home in a heartbeat!!

Arilx



8 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely your sort of bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like the cat who got the cream! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Wow. That is amazing. (ProTip - rent a uhaul)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a bit different to your average bench . Arilx

      Delete
  3. After Gloucester cathedral we were too churched out to venture into that one . That bench is brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately we saw it as we were walking in. Arilx

      Delete
  4. For some extraordinary reason it reminds me of a Roman loo I once saw a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've said it Thelma I can see exactly where you're coming from. Arilx

      Delete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...