Tuesday 25 April 2023

Gloucester Reimagined

 In my head I planned to do a tour type post of our recent visit to Gloucester with photos of curios and accompanying details. There was a wealth of images to choose from yet as I scrolled through the images this is what leapt out at me....this set of modern stained glass windows in the cathedral completely took my breath away. They are the work of Thomas Denny and were made in 2014. The shards incorporated at the top are medieval. I've included the information boards for anyone who wants to read more about them. I can't top them so this is now my offering about this fabulous city which I believe is rather overlooked by many.










Arilx

4 comments:

  1. They are incredible, what artistry! x PS The blog's looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The level of detail in them is incredible isn't itx Arilx

      Delete
  2. What fabulous stained and painted glass. We have come to think that you are part magpie in your ability to find the colour in life, the sparkle or shine. Must visit Gloucester now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I seem to keep adding to your list don't I! I love seeing where you've been to and what your staff have been doing on the allotment. Arilx

      Delete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...