Monday 23 September 2024

Art Critic

 I met my jolly good friend Julie [formerly Lovely Grey blogger] at Tate Modern a few days ago. We didn't have time to do all the floors [important things like the pub were calling], but during our time there we too were art critics.....art should provoke a reaction from those that view it. Some we liked some we didn't and the occasional piece I felt was in the category of 'The Emperor's New Clothes', but that of course is only my own personal opinion. What I wanted to see were artworks which made me stop and look again. These were my 10. Everybody's 10 would be different.

1.Portrait of an artist in crisis.Tetsumi Kudo


2 & 3 Awake I wait for you. Sandra Vasquez de la Horra



4. Gardening. Natalia Goncharova.


5. The Worker's Maypole. Andrea Bowers


6. Cat bus. Monster Chetwynd


7. Work 62-W Onada Minoru


8. Fire! Fire! Enrico Baj


9. Institution vs The Mass. Anna Boghiguian


10. Freddie the Frog Rings the Bell. Martin Kippenberger.


I count myself very lucky that I can see these galleries for free.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Critic

 I met my jolly good friend Julie [formerly Lovely Grey blogger] at Tate Modern a few days ago. We didn't have time to do all the floors...