Since he could first read and write TYM has had a love of maps. This has come straight from my Dad and David. Right from the get go he would draw maps to relax and pore over atlases and even to this day his extensive geographical knowledge and love of exploring is very much at the core of who he is. I don'y suppose many six year old boys had their cupboard doors decorated with huge painted maps they'd done themselves. Nowadays he uses these skills to plan walks which he leads for the walking group he's a member of. I stumbled upon this rather lovely map of Middle Earth that he drew as a young teenager tucked away in a folder when I was decluttering. I felt like it should be out where I can enjoy it so picked up a cheap frame from the charity shop which I've redone black and painted on with LOTR runes so that it is in keeping with the theme.
Hope you have a fab weekend
Arilx

No comments:
Post a Comment