The conditions haven't always played ball for the trap this month and so we've only put it out a couple of times. With being rank amateurs we're still learning what might work best so there has needed to be some tweaking and rethinking. It is also still quite early in the season. However, I have now seen my first Chestnut Moth.
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Wednesday, 31 March 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

I missed something, perhaps, but could you maybe give us a glimpse of the moth trap. I have a grandson who loves to learn about bugs. This would be a fun activity.
ReplyDeleteI haven't put up any photos, but I'll try to remember next time we put it up over the weekend. Arilx
DeleteHe looks like a really fancy Branflake!
ReplyDelete