Monday 13 June 2022

Not stopping

 One of those glorious moments at Clapham Junction when the train is late and the wires have got crossed between the driver and the station. The information board said the first stop would be Surbiton....as soon as the doors had slammed shut the information on the train said first stop would be Woking. Umm...ah well get off at Woking and go back up the line. Just as well I'm an old bird who likes to be punctual and always leaves herself a big old chunk of spare time [anxiety does have its pluses]. Besides had I not had my unexpected little travel add on I'd never have seen this sculpure "Seated Man" by Sean Henry on the platform. I really rather like it.


Arilx

5 comments:

  1. I'm like you and give myself loads of time if I'm catching trains. That looks like the face of a man who left home late! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can be sure about going by train at a weekend is there will be a surprise thrown in the mix somewhere on the journey! Arilx

      Delete
  2. I remember this train line. My daughter lived in Surbitan in student apartments. We almost made the error, pure luck that we didn't get on the train that stopped in Surbitan but went right past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I go on the other slower line to Surbiton. Ah well it provided me with an extra little trip on my day out. Arilx

      Delete
  3. I agree - I give myself plenty of time - just in case! That sculpture has a rather pensive look - hope he didn't miss his train home 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...