Monday 12 December 2022

Winter Wanderland

Most unusually for me I worked on Saturday morning. It was a balmy -5.5C in the car when I got back from doing the weekly shop at 8am, but I looked at the beautiful light and the twinkly hedgerows and decided that I wanted to make the most of the wintery scenery and go on foot to get to my job. Wrapped up well, I made it my mission to cut across the park in the hope that I might be able to capture some for myself. I wasn't disappointed, although I did feel for the poor gulls who were stood rather glumly in the middle of the ice on the pond wondering what the hell had happened to the water❄❅❆









I'm so glad I made the effort to travel on foot. So often I only get to glimpse these vistas filtered through the windscreen on my way to and from clients and this was a blessing to experience it in real time for myself.

Arilx

8 comments:

  1. You have captured a frosty morning well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It snowed the next day so I'm glad I made the effort to photograph it. These moments are so fleeting. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! I do feel for the poor birds, we've been taking it in turns to pop out and break the ice on the birdbath! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been feeding the birds every morning and scattering seed on the frozen borders so that the blackbirds and other ground feeders can have some whilst the weather is so harsh. I don't want to overdo it though and encourage rodents. Arilx

      Delete
  3. A touch of frost makes any old twig look amazing doesn't it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly does make it all look rather magical. Arilx

      Delete
  4. Aril those are spectacular. At least the gulls were standing on top and not swimming in desperately ever decreasing circles as the ice closes in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to record the beauty of the Winter when she shows that side of her to give some balance. Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...