Thursday 22 December 2022

Tip Topper

 My name is Aril and I have a problem....every bleeding time I see one of these toppers I cannot resist the urge to pull over and photograph them😁 I think there must be a team of stealth elfs who sneak out after dark because they appear overnight and then disappear just as mysteriously. I note that this year they have been secured in place because some "walked"....one suspects the tea leaf was wearing beer goggles at the time. I started a fortnight ago and a whole crop have since sprung up. As I reached double figures my little brain started to whisper about making it a tidy 12...except now I see I've miscounted and it's actually a baker's dozen I've managed. Ah well for those not in favour of the schmalz of the festive season [I've just about reached my limit] I thought I'd get it all out of my system in one go🎄🎅🤶⛄ Please feel free to scroll past!










The one below is the biggest on top of the double post box in the centre of town.




I don't have a favourite, but this one is the closest to my home and only popped up yesterday....I love the the depiction of the pig-in-blanket [close up just because🐷]


Some of those shown have teeny mice on [made by the same elf one suspects] and tomorrow's post will be featuring more mice, but the content is National Trust related not specifically Christmas!

Arilx

10 comments:

  1. These are brilliant, I love them. I would like to scroll through them on full screen, on a slide show, rather than keep hitting the back button to view one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be easier. I don't know if you can do such things in Blogger. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Santa and his parcels are my favourite. I love the way they have added the stockings around the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some great small details on them. Arilx

      Delete
  3. I'm fond of snowmen so those appeal. We don't seem to have these over here. Just boring mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are an extension of the yarn bombing craze which has been popular over here for the last few years. Arilx

      Delete
  4. Excellent!
    We have them around here too - but not in the quantities that you have. However I suspect that one of the topper elves lives across the road from me as there is one right outside her gate and the theme changes regularly - so much work goes into them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our WI's are really active and responsible for many of the ones throughout the year. Never know what they're going to come up with next! Arilx

      Delete
  5. I love them!!! They are so pretty and clever. My mum made a brilliant one for her local postbox last Summer. My favourite is the one with the crackers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really grateful for all the effort people put in. Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...