Wednesday 31 May 2023

And back again.

 Nymans I simply cannot resist you....I took my friend IceBadger there for her first visit. She's lived in the area for a long time and been an NT member for some considerable period yet never got here. It's got all the elements she loves...a ruin, old doors, gates, beautiful ironwork. Despite it being our closest property it turns out that she had convinced herself it was another garden quite a distance away so had never made it here. I am guessing she was rather taken with it as she was already planning a return visit😁 If you are wondering why she's holding up a Mog onesie they're currently running a delightful themed display for the children....it's only a shame that the outfit didn't come in an adult size😸

The garden always delivers on its promise of something new and at the moment it does seem that its plantings are in their blue and shades of yellow/orange phase. I have never seen a peony that apricot colour and rarely do I see the brown iris which I adore. The shade makes me think of old velvet. It's six months since I was last here. Where does the time go?!!













Arilx


4 comments:

  1. Bearded iris are F's favorite flowers. That brown one might be 'Sultan's Palace'. The alliums are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are one of my all time favourites too. They don't survive overwinter in our wealden clay garden.Much better suited to geraniums which fortunately I also really like! Arilx

      Delete
  2. That onsie is cute and it looks like a lovely walk. So many flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The team of gardeners and the volunteers who work alongside them do an amazing job😍 Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...