Monday 21 October 2019

Malady Monday


Was it so very wrong of me to wonder as we drove down to Lewes recently and passed a Body Shop, whether they'd be able to give me a whole body replacement [preferably a younger version]😁. Sadly I think that this particular retail establishment was only offering its services in relations to cars. Not to worry though for all is not lost. According to my recent 75p outlay of "Curious Cures" from a local museum I can tackle old age head on by drinking 6 to 8 glasses of tar water a day....erm and what pray is this delicious decoction you may well ask. Apparently it originated in the Middle Ages and saw a revival in the 19th century. I was relieved to discover that the "tar" is pine resin and not tarmac.

If it's good luck you're after I've stumbled across a little gem of a book online https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/17441994.1878.10602542?fbclid=IwAR1WD0QFe04xscxM_RTcab1_F6Pkp31_gbnBN0l21l2aifnNqIj-7fsu8hg& Let's just say that if you've cut your nails on a Monday all be well so long as you don't think of  a fox's tail. Don't say you haven't been warned!

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. It sounds a disgusting remedy!!! None for me thanks! What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't really appeal to me either!
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...