Friday 17 March 2023

Knickers to it.

 It was mildly surprising to see what looked very much like somebody's knickers strung across the fence as I drove to work at 7.45am. After I'd finished curiosity got the better of me and I went back to find out what it was all about. Turns out this month it's the 'Pants to Ovarian Cancer' campaign to raise awareness. It did what it set out to do and got my attention. Having lost my Auntie to it I'm sharing the info as it's a tricky one to detect in the early stages and it's by far and away the best bunting I've ever seen.




Have a great weekend...we're working so one very early start and no scope for any mischief making, but I so solemnly swear to get back to it as soon as I get the chance!!

Arilx


6 comments:

  1. You get our 'prize' for post of the month and we might even join in the bunting thing. Aunty B died of ovarian cancer - ticked the boxes on all those symptoms long before it was diagnosed. She was found to have one of those BRCA gene mutations (for which the whole family has now been tested and those confirmed to carry it also will be getting extra monitoring to early catch any cancers). Thank you for this. F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum is checked regularly because of the loss of her sister. It's important to get the information out there. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Jenny Eclair did a documentary on craftism a couple of years ago and made some of those knickers - they're a brilliant way of raising awareness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of time for Jenny Eclair. I love the way people are using craft to get lots of messages out political and otherwise. Arilx

      Delete
  3. No room for mischief making??? Well. It's is the main reason I come to your blog! Disgruntled Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not for I am back to scheming! Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...