Friday 10 March 2023

Reasons to be cheerful part 10

 I guess if push came to shove and money was no object most of us could list things that we would like to own....I'd really like a piece of the Fairyland Lustre by Wedgwood or a Martin Brothers jug and definitely a complete Bellarmine jar. Fortunately for me though I have a small wish list [many things have been ticked off already] of things which don't cost money...still on it are a photograph of a jay, to see some scarlet elf cups, have my own flint tool and find an echinoid [https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.com/search?q=echinoid. The fabulous news is that thanks to my friends I am now not only the owner of a neolithic stone hand axe [which fits in my hand perfectly], but my own fairy loaf both of which have been given to me in the last few months. I am a lucky lady and will treasure them.


Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Bellarmine jars until yesterday's Antiques Road Trip! There's so many treasures I'd love to own but until a de Morgan ceramic, a piece of Ruskin cabochon metalwork or a Morris and Co for Liberty rug turn up in the clearance chazza I'll make do with looking at them in National Trust properties! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'd forgotten about De Morgan. I'll just have to content myself with photos of all these beautiful things. Arilx

      Delete
  2. We have never seen a fossil echinoid, or heard it called fairy loaf so had to go and do some 'looking up'. Someone gave us one of those spiral shell fossil things which might be about the same size as your fairy loaf. Nature truly is amazing at design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The echinoid came from the West Beach at Littlehampton. Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...