Friday 31 March 2023

Touring Art Friday

Friday's offering.


 This one mysteriously appeared overnight in an alley off the town centre in Horsham last week. Some locals have groused about it, but I like it and surely it's got to be a step up from the usual depictions of male genitalia we get round here. I wanted to capture an image of it as am not sure whether it will be painted over. It's obviously looking to Banksy for its inspiration....speaking of which I hope [she says keeping everything crossed] that I might have got to see at least one Banksy in its original setting by the time this goes live...hence the need for the scheduled posts this week. Have a great weekend folks.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. You do indeed find some remarkably beautiful, graceful, thoughtful art works. I wonder why people grouse about the well composed art; is art only meant to be viewed when you have paid a substantial ticket price to see it perhaps???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because it's not been commissioned and is probably technically graffiti. In my humble opinion it improves a very dull stretch of wall in an unremarkable alleyway. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Street art can be so beautiful! I loved going Banksy spotting in Bristol a few years ago - good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have time to do a Banksy walk as we were on limited time, but am glad to report that we did come across one during our exploration of Bristol. Arilx

      Delete
  3. I love that beautiful piece of art. So much nicer than hideous graffiti and I reckon that artist could sell his/her art in a gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...