Wednesday 9 August 2023

London Calling

A few short hours spent in London with my sister last week. It's not a sentence I was sure I would ever write as it's been more than nine years since I last saw her. Oversharing personal stuff is not what I do save to say real life can be complicated [this was down to issues not related to me]. Her personal circumstances have recently changed and she is in a different place. It was good to see her and we talked non stop. Striking out from Victoria Station we had a picnic in Lower Grosvenor Gardens [where the shell follies are located] and then had a good nose around Belgravia or the place for the haves and have yachts as somebody recently called it👿 I'm not putting up any explanations....I simply wanted to capture a few memories.























Arilx

 

8 comments:

  1. How lovely that you enjoyed such a special and unexpected day with your sister! I absolutely love that goldsmith sign. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather fabulous isn't it. My sister saw those first and pointed them out to me. I have trained her well!!

      Delete
  2. Aaahh now I see what you meant by shell follies -have not encountered those or any mention of them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a gift to us from France and are actually used by the gardeners to store their tools!

      Delete
  3. That shell folly is quite a creation! I love the Bobbie bollard as well. I am glad you got sister time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The follies are rather beautiful aren't they if not a little incongruous with the traffic on all sides surrounding them!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had a good time with your sister and I LOVE all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie. There's always lots of things to see in London.

      Delete

Sun, Moon and Stars

I've been having fun with my fabric paints creating these small pictures of a medieval style sun and moon. They look a bit rougher round...