Monday 22 June 2015

Kingley Vale Part One

Kingley Vale is one of the best preserved yew woods in Europe and the estimated dates for the trees vary anything between 800-2000 years old. It's been about 10 years or so since we last visited but this time we took some local friends with us who wanted to go but had never quite got round to it [I know the feeling]. If you like yews this place will take your breath away.

The nature of the way yews grow and their papery bark creates some beautiful lines and textures and with the human propensity to see faces in things I definitely glimpsed one or two things apparently "looking" back at me!




It's very dark but the colours and shapes are eye catching.






This one just says "boar" to me and the one below definitely looks like it's trying to escape its wooden incarceration. Slightly creepy I'd say.




I will be back with some more shots of the things I saw in my next post.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...