Tuesday 12 April 2022

Inclusions

 

This bronze came to live in the Market Square in Cirencester in 2018. Entitled "Pink Lady Dancing With Big Brown Dog", it's the work of artist Sophie Ryder. I took a quick snap of it and mentally filed it under "interesting/possible blog content." The jury was out as to whether I  liked it or not, but that never stops me from admiring the workmanship and skill which goes into creating these pieces. With Mr GBT off doing something else for a few minutes I went back for a second look and to see if there was any sort of information with it. 

Well I'm jolly glad I did because these two figures have all sorts of unexpected metal objects incorporated into their bodywork...something which I would never have realised otherwise.  Whilst I'm still not bowled over by the end result I love the use of all the parts which have brought it all together so thought it worth sharing for others to ponder and appreciate. 









Arilx

8 comments:

  1. A bit too odd and brown for me. I wonder what the local people thought about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. It's on loan from the artist so it may not be there forever. Arilx

      Delete
  2. We've walked past this sculpture on numewrous occasions but had no idea about the weird metal objects. I wouldn't say no to having it in the garden! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would work well in your garden...if it went in mine there would be no garden left! Arilx

      Delete
  3. Although I don't find the sculptures pleasing to look at, I love looking closely to work out how they were constructed. Sometimes it's the process which fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate an artist's skill even if a piece might not be to my taste. Arilx

      Delete
  4. Interesting...two hares dancing would have been more up my street but still...interesting piece of work. x

    ReplyDelete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...