Tuesday 19 April 2022

Quorn

 [Image from Pixabay]

I'm always on the lookout for meat alternatives to add in to my menu plan and further increase our plant based days. Whilst my two chaps are committed omnivores, they're happy to eat meat-free meals provided that they're tasty. A couple of months ago I bought a bag of frozen Quorn pieces which I've been moving around the freezer drawers ever since, but last week I finally had a look to see if I could find a recipe that I liked the sound of. This is the one I chose https://www.quorn.co.uk/recipes/chicken-lemon-chilli-linguine and it's a keeper. Absolutely delicious. I didn't use cream, but a bit of cream cheese loosened with milk and basic spaghetti rather than linguine.  It's not the cheapest of recipes, but as it's the lemon and chilli which give it the big hit of flavour I'm sure that you could achieve very similar with vegetable oil and a dollop of pesto. Definitely a good one for a weekday evening after work.

Arilx
 

5 comments:

  1. That sounds gorgeous (especially substituting the cream). We've been watching Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy so have a renewed interest in pasta at the moment. I think we've got one of those bags of Quorn that constantly moves around the freezer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like a punchy flavour with a bit of heat then I think you'd like it. Arilx

      Delete
  2. We use those 'chickenot' pieces too but as a Mexican recipe - https://www.quorn.co.uk/recipes/mexican-chicken-pasta-bake - and it goes down really well. I found the quorn webpage does have some good recipes - think I might have look at the one you tried too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your recipe sounds delicious too. I liked this one because the different combination of flavours gave me a new taste I hadn't had before. Arilx

      Delete
  3. My recipes are very simple. I sometimes chuck a handful of Quorn pieces, or mince, or chopped up sausage, in a stew. Bulks it up nicely, and the taste can be changed with whatever spices you prefer.

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...