One of the many advantages of being a member of Mythago [apart from the fact I am obsessed with it and have made some cracking good chums] is that you get to perform at all sorts of events. The annual Beltane fundraiser at Butser Ancient Farm is a new gig for us. I have been before, but in the capacity of being a Mummy with a then very small person [now the teenogre]. In the intervening years it has grown substantially.
I shall pop up a small selection of pictures of the site tomorrow to give a flavour of it but the spectacular finale is always the burning of the wicker figure. Quite a big chap as you can see and a different design every year.
Going
Going
Gone!
Unlike the film I can assure you that there are no live sacrifices encased within it although I did overhear one woman mutter to her friend that she wouldn't mind seeing her ex husband in there! I think that's a whole different story!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hannah the Giant
Went to my first day of dance in Carshalton [which I didn't see much of beyond the pubs!] a few days ago. My single photo was of this 3....
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...





Oh it's such a shame to burn him!!! x
ReplyDelete