When you google the word "grey" one of the definitions that comes up is "without interest and colour; dull and non descript." I beg to differ.
This jackdaw turns that idea completely on its head as far as I'm concerned. He is absolutely stunning in his multi hued grey plumage and a cheeky fellow to boot. I am used to the occasional robin joining me on my picnic table, but this is a first for me and I was a tad startled to encounter him when I turned round to see what the noise was! These avian marauders are very accustomed to stealing a bite of lunch from the human visitors at the Weald and Downland museum.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Saturday, 7 May 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

We get robins, even cardinals, but have never seen this guy. Maybe their not North American.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds, but slightly sinister.
ReplyDeleteGrey! Non descript? Wash your mouth out! xxx
ReplyDelete