Monday 6 November 2017

Dot's Cookies


I was forced [yes forced😁] to make a batch of this new-to me recipe and then I was forced to taste them in the name of quality control. I rarely make biscuits, but these were for this month's Repair Cafe with maybe a couple held back for us here at GBT. Mr GBT is rather partial to a biscuit, particularly if it's homemade.

Lightly grease two baking trays and preheat oven to 190C. Chop 3oz plain chocolate [I did mine in the mixer first and then tipped it out]. Blitz together 3 oz caster sugar, 3oz soft brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extra, pinch salt, 6oz SR flour, 3oz soft marg [I used a blended butter] with one medium egg. Add the chocolate in just before the end of the whizzing. Put heaped teaspoonfuls of the mix on the trays and bake for 8-10 mins [mine were bigger so took 10]. Leave to cool on a wire tray.

If you are curious as to the Dot reference...she was a lovely lady I used to housesparkle for who sadly died earlier this year. We often used to enjoy one of these or her cheese drops [recipe here https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/dots-cheese-drops.html?q=cheese ] with a cup of coffee for our elevenses on a Wednesday.

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...