Thursday 21 January 2021

The Middle Aisle

Is it just me or are there others out there I wonder who share my weird fascination with the randomness of the middle aisle in Lidl....as a friend wryly commented "it must be the only shop where you can go in for something very mundane and come out with an angle grinder that you didn't even know you wanted!" I can't resist taking a sneaky peek on my rare visits over there [our one is across town and can get very busy, so I haven't been for several months]. Most of the time I have little problem resisting the delights, but back in September I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  For a four hundred and ninety nine pence investment I emerged with this in my sweaty little paw....


I justified it by working out that it would save me money by me not needing to buy weird coloured spools of thread for specific projects [I've amassed a few of them in my time I can tell you!], but really I wanted it because of all the lovely colours🌈🌈🌈. Has it been useful.....yes indeed, but thank goodness I'm not a frequent shopper there...gad only knows what else we might end up with!!

Arilx





10 comments:

  1. I haven't been in a Lidl for years but when ours first opened I bought something very similar. I was surprised at the quality of the thread and the colours were too lovely to resist. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a godsend for Mr GBT for one of his furniture orders this week when he's had to make a cushion pad. I had exactly the right colour and all the shops are shut! Arilx

      Delete
  2. I have a boxful in a different style and it is very useful. Lidl the new Woolsworth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize that struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had similar experiences in the "Specials!" aisle at the local Aldi supermarket. (Never before had I realized that a cheap kiddie pool could serve as a one-season planter for German hard-neck garlic, but there was the helpful sketch...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be quick too....one week later and they're gone. Arilx

      Delete
  5. We have no Lidl's yet, but Aldi has that center aisle. I found a sewing kit and a two pack of the nice candle/fireplace lighters for my daughter, and great cushion slipper socks for the other daughter. Now I just take peeks at the middle aisle and hope to avoid buying things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aldi and Lidl are almost identical, but fierce competitiors! Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...