Friday 24 February 2023

Reasons to be cheerful part 8

 Picture me sitting in the car waiting to start my afternoon's work [nowt wrong with that bit], but it's a grey Friday afternoon and it's just started to drizzle...well that was me last week, but then I saw this parked just up the road.....the colour alone cheered me up no end๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒป. It belongs to a local company which have been based at the same site for over 100 years. Besides their earthmoving business they own a whole fleet of traction engines which they take to lots of events in the district and beyond. They show great support and contribute greatly to their community. I have a further personal reason for being drawn to this particular little car.....we had an Austin 7 for our wedding car the only difference being that ours was a rather more subtle midnight blue๐Ÿ˜†




Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Arilx

8 comments:

  1. Many reasons to be cheerful… thanks for sharing. You have a good weekend too! Cali G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.... it's just noticing them and then remembering them that I struggle with! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Love it. Used to spend lots of weekends at vintage vehicle meets as kids. Traction Engines still trog around some of our back roads on their way to and from such gatherings and A&P Shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad is a big traction engine fan...I can still remember the smell of them from my childhood. Arilx

      Delete
  3. That brought back memories of the little Austin Ruby I once owned. My first mistake was to park her nose-in to our house - so I couldn't get to the starting handle to start her up the next morning!!! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fabulous story Rambler. Thanks so much for sharing! Arilx

      Delete
  4. My husband had an old Malibu that he painted bright yellow, and trimmed out in black. He called it the Bumble 'Bu. I'm partial to that color. That old car is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bright coloured car. Much better easier to find in the carpark too! Arilx

      Delete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...