A hummingbird hawk moth.
I was beside myself with excitement when one visited our garden on Monday. Such a speedy little blighter we couldn't get a photo but it returned today. It has a definite penchant for the Valerian. I've seen them elsewhere in the country but this is my first time in Sussex. Several local friends and families have confirmed they have seen them too. Am just so chuffed!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hannah the Giant
Went to my first day of dance in Carshalton [which I didn't see much of beyond the pubs!] a few days ago. My single photo was of this 3....
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

Well done on your photo! We get these on the balcony occasionally. I worry that the cats will catch one, but I think they may be too quick for the cats.There was one this morning as I sat having breakfast...it visited the geraniums mostly, and the lobelia.
ReplyDeleteI think that Humphrey wouldn't even bother he's far too slothful and plump!
ReplyDeleteArilx