Saturday 19 November 2016

Go on say it.....

Beyond the houses I clean [on the days I did work] I haven't been anywhere this week...all plans were cancelled. It was a welcome change of scene to make it to the supermarket first thing today for the weekly shop....blimey I never thought I would say that about a shopping trip! Mr GBT kindly came with me as I'm still feeling fairly ugh.

Bending down to pick something up from one of the lower shelves, I noticed that the lady next to me was wearing a really unusual and eyecatching coat. For a moment I hesitated, but then I decided to tell her how much I admired her jacket. Looking a little startled, [it's not very British to either give or receive a compliment from a complete stranger is it!] she beamed at me and confessed that it wasn't expensive. When she had seen it she had fallen in love with it and her son had offered to buy it for her. She decided that she was too old for it and had told him not to bother....thankfully he ignored her. I told her it really suited her at which point she thanked me and said I had completely made her day. Such a small thing...so glad I managed to overcome my natural reserve and bothered to say something.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. I often do the same, sometimes i get a look of complete bemusement but mostly it makes people's day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to do this more often!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. That was a lovely thing for you to do, well done.

    I once did something similar in a supermarket. A small girl nearly careened into my trolley and in the nick of time her older sister pulled her back preventing what could have been a nasty "head meeting metal" moment, apologised to me, and was so kind and caring towards the young one. I saw the whole family together a few moments later and realised the little one had 'development difficulties'. As we were all dithering around the fruit and veg section, I had an opportunity to say 'excuse me' to the Mum, and privately tell her what happened and how beautifully the older girl had behaved. By the look on her face I know I made her day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that Jayne...it was lovely to hear.
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...