Thursday 7 November 2019

"Boro"wing

I have been unashamedly borrowing ideas from the Japanese form of darning called boro. When I clean other people's houses I wear my oldest clothes....sadly I do not apply this same logic when cleaning my own and I splashed bleach on the front of this denim skirt.

The first instinct was to put it straight into the recycling, but having recently learnt just how polluting clothes are, I had to have a rethink. This is how I've fixed it. I'll probably just wear the skirt at home. It's never going to win me any prizes, but I'm quite happy with the result.




Arilx

12 comments:

  1. I have never managed the art of boro stitching, I am not neat enough nor patient enough - but I do appreciate and love it- I like what you have done with your skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did it over several evenings. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Looks good! Puts me in mind of when my denim jeans were covered in patches in the 1970s, with the added material in the outside leg seams turning them into flares. Flares hand-made by me and such a difficult fiddly job to get them in right. Couldn't do it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember taking flares in so that they were skin tight in the 1980s! Arilx

      Delete
  3. That looks really effective and be assured, you are not the only one who manages to splash her clothes with bleach. I could win an Olympic medal for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to compete with you for that medal! Arilx

      Delete
  4. Having worked with a traditional Japanese dance troupe for years, Aril, I know the ladies would have approved both your patching technique and your choice of patch colors. Appropriate to the wearer and the use, pleasing to the eye -- so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. That's such a kind thing to say. Arilx

      Delete
  5. I love the way you've done that- I think I'm doing to patch my clothes with contrasting patches next time,it's nicer than trying to match up,- thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous - seems a shame not to wear it out... Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be brave and venture out in it!
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...