Wednesday 12 May 2021

Coming unhinged

 


When I trundled along the A272 last month winkling out some of its treasures I ended my journey at the now derelict, but preserved Hammond's Mill https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.com/2021/04/on-a272.html

As ever I took more photos that day and these four huge strap hinges on the Mill Barn next door [now converted into a home] really stood out. Knowing that Ice Badger loves bits of old metal work, industrial archaeology and any rust/peeling paint I thought that this might be right up her street. Too right...she was very impressed [told you we live in a parallel universe]. She takes some amazing photos and you can see more of her images here https://catchpolecreative.com/

I'll put up a few piccies of what we turned up when I've had a chance to go through them all.

Arilx


4 comments:

  1. Who needs diamonds when you can have great lumps of metal!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hinges made to last and so decorative, oh that we could get a bit more of that into life again.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seem the prints where photographers take photos of things that look like letters, and put together different photos to make last names? This would be a great i photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always lose myself in picturing the hands that made it...and could he have ever foreseen them lasting to such strange days as we live in now!

    ReplyDelete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...