Thursday 9 December 2021

Thumbs Up


 [Image from Pixabay]

Apparently if you're feeling anxious you should blow on your thumb. What?!! my brain screamed....how can that work. If you exhale cool air slowly over said digit it helps you to slow your heart rate and relax by slowing down the rate of the thumb's pulse. In my case it's always better if I can distract my frantic thoughts by giving my brain something else to focus on. Simply breathe in for a count of seven, hold for count of three and then exhale for seven. Repeat. It's got to be worth a punt I reckon.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. It can't hurt to try. Reminds me of pressing thumb on roof of mouth to relieve a headache m It does work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard that tip before. I shall let Mr GBT know as he's more prone to headaches. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Just tried the thumb thing - did nothing for me! (not that I was feeling anxious)

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...