Monday 24 January 2022

A few things

 A few things which have crossed the threshold this month....many more have left👏

We caught up with my Auntie on Christmas day and she asked me if I would like to have the tablecloth her mother had made for her as none of my cousins were keen. I didn't need to be asked twice. How gorgeous is that and how long must it have taken her to make all that lace. Talk about a labour of love! I did meet her on several occasions when she spent the last few months of her life with my Auntie. She used to beat me every week at scrabble😀

I realised recently that I much prefer wearing skirts to trousers and that I feel much more "me" in them somehow. That said I spend most of my life in trousers when working or dancing, but that's a decision based on purely practical purposes. With that in mind I took a short break during my working day and popped into a charity shop on the far side of town when I was up that way. I paid the princely sum of £4.50 for this little Monsoon number. I, of course, chose it for the additional details and have already given it an outing.


A recent long overdue clan gathering with one of Mr GBT's sisters and brothers [he's one of 6 but we don't often see the others] plus partners has finally happened. So with a late exchange of gifts [our original date in December had to be moved forwards] Mr GBT's sister made us this with handrolled scrolls of paper. She has a bigger one which I had admired. It took her many hours and although she's now retired I think she's busier than ever! It will go in the kitchen.


Arilx


4 comments:

  1. Skirts and dresses are far more comfy than trousers, I agree! That skirt is lovely, the tablecloth a thing of beauty and the papercraft is incredible. Lovely new-to-you things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lady was seriously talented! I'm with you on the non wearing of trousers..I used to live in them...but now generally feel uncomfortable...the fashion for lower waists really didn't suit either! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hand rolled scrolls of paper. I did something similar with felt, but my scrolls were all the same height. I like the mix of large and small here. I got half way through a second project, now I have seen this I might finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen scrolling done with such bright paper! That is really cute.

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...