Saturday 1 January 2022

Camera, lights, reaction.

 On the last evening of the old year we waited until it had just got dark and the town had emptied of shoppers before taking a stroll to enjoy the festive lights. This has always been one of my favourite parts of the whole season...I find the street lights quite mesmerising. There is an annual competition for the local children to design a decoration and the winners have their handiwork put on show for all to enjoy. Their innocence captures the spirit of the season for me. So here for my final mention of Christmas some images that capture the atmosphere and a couple of lairy angels belting out some carols in one of the advent windows for good measure👼👼








Arilx





10 comments:

  1. Simple traditions are the best. Sounds like a great community. I appreciate my evening walks more this year and the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the advent calendar that the road in the centre of town do together each year. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Those angels though!!
    Happy New Year from our home to yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious if slightly disturbing! Arilx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Aril :). Those are so sweet - I love the angels x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too Fil. I like the folkart style of them. Arilx

      Delete
  4. I love those angels. I believe I remember a like post last year...is it possible I have been reading you for a full year already???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh have you really,. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave. It's always a treat to know that people are enjoying some of my blog content. Arilx

      Delete
  5. and...TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It turns out I HAVE been with you for over a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are really beautiful lights!

    ReplyDelete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...