Monday 17 January 2022

Blue Monday

 So today is apparently Blue Monday and it's meant to be the most depressing day of the year. Well I'm afraid I'm not playing. My fabulous friend S has a CD player shaped like a juke box with flashing lights and she treated herself to a small disco ball in the second lockdown to keep herself cheerful. Combine that with a suitable range of music, two slightly eccentric middle aged women, a selection of party snacks and what have you got....




our inaugural January Blues disco that's what!! I even donned my sparkly waistcoat for the occasion. Two hours of dancing [and low alcohol beer for me as I was driving], lots of laughing and taking our adult heads off for a bit have done the trick...both of us agreed we felt immensely cheered and it was just what S needed after frankly what have been a rough few months for her. Free exercise and loads of fun....so much so that we're going to do it all again next month. It's something to look forwards to during the colder months of the year and gives you a good old rush of endorphins.🎉🥳

Arilx


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My friend did do a video...I shall spare you it! Arilx

      Delete
  2. I didn't know the third Monday in January was meant to be sad. It's Martin Luther King day in the US so I have seen it as a day of reflection. I like the ideas of music and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a marketing ploy to make us spend our money. Arilx

      Delete
  3. What fun! I absolutely love your sparkly waistcoat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun and slightly daft. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHOW US THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This sounds so fun!!! Your waistcoat is BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...