I don't watch the news these days nor do I read newspapers. For a moment last weekend I wondered about whether it was safe to go to London so soon after the tragic events that unfolded in Paris. However, it was only a moment and I quickly decided that I would absolutely carry on as normal. To do otherwise would be giving ground to these monsters. Russell's Howard's comments this week absolutely summed it all up for me along with the moving tributes and the sight of the Parisiennes queuing with quiet dignity to donate blood the next day. I've drawn comfort about the human spirit from many quarters and this is perfect. I saw many helpers.
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendation
We were chatting about upcoming hols with some Mythago friends and when I mentioned Anglesey they suggested a nearby NT property which I had...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...

No comments:
Post a Comment