Wednesday 5 April 2017

Tracking It Down

There's been a track I used to enjoy as a student in the 1980s, but haven't been able to remember the details of [how I do love thee holey old menopausal memory!]. Once in a while I'd catch a snatch of it on the radio when driving, but always missed the announcement of what it was. I've wracked my brains and tried various bands which I knew I was into at the time....that in itself has been an interesting experience so discover how my taste has changed. Some I still loved...others, well frankly they made my ears bleed! Thankfully I now have it due to some kind listener choosing it as part of their personal choice on one of the programmes. This was my version of the era....

The Cult "She Sells Sanctuary"



Mystery solved!

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Jon stayed with Ian Astbury (lead singer of The Cult) at his mansion in LA when he was touring the States in the early 1990s. He says it was all a bit hazy but Ian's girlfriend at the time gave him a haircut in their swimming pool. Rock and Roll! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent...I take it that Jon got to know him when he was in the music business.
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. Nice song...but please tell me you didn't dress like them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me but I had a couple of ex boyfriends who were definitely of a similar ilk...all long black dyed hair, Goth types!
      Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...