Wednesday 31 May 2017

Togetherness


This tiny little roundel is sitting quietly off to one side in the church of St Michael's in Amberley. I've fiddled about with it to make the image a little clearer, but in reality, it's barely noticeable tucked away and very faint. There are far showier wall paintings nearer the altar and this is, but a scrap of something, which would have been much bigger in its day. Beyond it being woman's upper body dressed in medieval clothing I can't explain what drew me to it so much. Looking at it again today I've noticed that she actually has the side of her face touching another lady who is even sketchier [she only shows up if you enlarge the photo]. It speaks to me of serenity and affection and I am extremely taken by it.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...