Monday 2 April 2018

The Perfect Match

Hope the Easter break has been a good 'un for you. I've really appreciated taking a few days off the hamster wheel and pottering. It's an art I've perfected over many years. Of course, the upshot of all this staying under the radar is that it doesn't produce much in the way of blog post material. Ah well that's never stopped me now has it!!

Sometimes I buy a garment and for reasons I am unable to explain it just feels right for me. This cardigan came home with me a couple of years ago from the charity shop and I still love the colours in it.


I've worn it loads, but on a colder day with my great long neck and scrawny upper chest I've felt chilled and thought to myself idly on occasion how the addition of a toning scarf would just finish it off. Colour co-ordination is one of my things and it something my friends have complimented and taken the rise out of me for years. It seems that the universe has been listening to my inner musings this time. My Mum's been having a sort out and one of the things she's culling is this because she finds the wool too itchy to wear. The upshot is that she kindly offered it to me...


You can see where I'm going with this can't you.....


They look like they were made for each other and I'm dead chuffed. Recently another of my good swapping pals passed this gorgeous skirt my way as it was surplus to requirement.


Another polite request has been lodged with the powers that be for a suitable top to go with it. I shall be interested to see what shows up!

Arilx



8 comments:

  1. Look at you. All matching!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bank holiday in US, so worked Friday and back today. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shops open now on Good Friday, but they're not allowed to on Easter Sunday or they'll be fined. Some go ahead anyway as they reckon the fine will be less than the trade they do.
      Arilx

      Delete
  3. You will look like an ethereal angel Aril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERENDIPITOUS garments!!! Wow, how well they go together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is rather odd how things turn out sometimes!
      Arilx

      Delete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...