Tuesday 6 December 2016

The Stealth Elf

Following on from a recent conversation about buying strings of non fairy lights to keep up in the lounge during the long winter months, Mr GBT and I went mad in the town recently and not only topped up our light supplies, but also invested in some new festive decorations. A fair few have got broken over the years and the tinsel looked decidely threadbare.....never fear the height of our retail extravaganza was to step over the threshold in in Wilkos, but most came via our usual preloved route of the charity shop.

Now this has given us a tidy little pile of new, shiny things. Normally I'm a right old harridan about the whole Christmas decorating malarky....nowt up until Yule except this year we seem to have acquired a stealth elf  here at GBT who is challenging my bah humbug ways by sneaking one decoration up a day. I didn't even notice them appearing for the first couple of days. Mr GBT just smiled at me benignly when I commented on it and continued along his merry little way. They are still popping up and it's become quite an amusing game to try and spot them!!


The pretty glass baubles are one of our recycled thrifty purchases.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Awww pretty...don't normally put tree up until solstice but seemingly anytime after Halloween bits and pieces used to grace homes for winter...I can justify Winter decorations much earlier than Christmas ones. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the tree will go up until much later in the month either. GBT is very small and we have to move furniture upstairs in order to accommodate it!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. My stealth elf has gone to uni :( so I shall have stealth myself! Love your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll be back to ninja decorating before you know it!
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...