Wednesday 26 February 2020

A new hobby.


It's going to be a short and sweet one from me today as I'm a bit under the weather. Humphrey has a new hobby. Indoor bird catching....he sits on the back of the chair and hurls himself at the window when the cheeky bluetits come and taunt him from the windowsill on the other side of the pane of glass. It's an arrangement that works well because it massages his ego, but he gets to stay dry and no birds are harmed in the process. I'm not sure how much more abuse my wooden candlestick can take though as he clatters into it on his descent. Other people sometimes have ghostly bird impressions on the outside of their homes where the birds have collided with the windows. I think we might be heading for the first ever household with an impression of a fat, black cat on the inside!!!

This is not my birdfeeder. It's rather chaotic appearance appealed so I snapped it on one of my recent adventures.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Polly sits on the living room window sill and chunters at the birds on the feeder - they ignore her

    ReplyDelete
  2. One feels for Humphrey! From the safety of their padded bench at the study window, my two toms enjoyed casting verbal menaces at ducks parading to the pond until the day a Giant Canada goose ambled across the lawn, placed its beak at their eye level against the glass and honked: "What?!"

    It's clear they now distinguish between ducks and geese. So do I when walking, for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the butterfly ball...battery run to occupy pussy cats? x

    ReplyDelete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...