This week, three times, three types of Balsam... the plant is known as in invasive weed, but I suspect it's here to stay now. Despite it being much maligned, the Himalayan one is a late source of nectar and our native bees love it. I've seen the Himalayan one and the Orange one before, but the third photo is a Small Balsam and is a new one for me. It's been noted down with the date and place as have all other new-to-us finds in our now very scruffy 30 year old wild flower identification book. It's the sole entry for 2020, but better one than none eh!!
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hannah the Giant
Went to my first day of dance in Carshalton [which I didn't see much of beyond the pubs!] a few days ago. My single photo was of this 3....
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...



Well job with your camera. I should have added go out and take pictures with my camera on my list of still summer activities.
ReplyDeleteUsing the macro is quite new to me...it would help if I read the instructions but have never got round to it! Arilx
Delete